Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SHU the flies away.

VMAN is hands down my favorite magazine and I've been a fan of Mr. Gan, the co-founder of Visionaire along with it's sister publication V, since I grabbed my first issue in 2007. One should never associate overly abused fashion terminology with this mag i.e. "edgy" or "forward" [and my favorite flaming fairy term -- fierce]. Everything else is just BLAH; especially when being compared the V!

Okay, enough of me annoyingly expressing my enamor with perfect-bound high quality colored photographs. The real reason behind this post is because of a VMAN spread, "Tokyo Tribe," which I saw before my trip to Japan. It's not the fashion that tickled my pickle -- it was the meticulously executed make-up artistry using Shu Uemura Painting Liner. Love at second sight (first being the bone structure of the models). After all, I am now self proclaimed; fashion born, beauty rising.*

VMAN Issue 20 Winter 2010/2011

*I have and will always be a fashion head, but currently in my career path I have detoured onto the beauty route and is coming to realize (with the help of my colleagues and friends in business) that Beauty is a Bitch. That's because it's truly the first and last glamorous industry in the game.

2 comments:

  1. ...love it! so eloquent...you are officially my gay man crush...beauty and brains...what more could one ask for ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fucking woohoo brother. Im glad you have birthed your very own blog. Im looking forward to your future posts :)

    Thanks for sharing this. At first i thought it was some sort of lace veil.

    ReplyDelete